Audiovox has been operating since the early 1960s and began life as a business called Custom Imports selling products from Asia. An accidental order of 2000 car radios, which promptly sold out, prompted the company to focus on car audio until 1981 when they branched out to other areas such as vehicle security. Over the years the company expanded considerably and added the assets of many other companies to their own through acquisition. Today the brand offers consumer products such as cameras, DVD players, pet trackers and mobileTV receivers as well as automotive products.
Apart from the Audiovox brand name, Voxx International also owns a range of other audio brands which include the likes of Acoustic Research, Klipsch Audio Technologies as well as Jensen. Klipsch Audio Technologies in particular stands out as a well known and respected brand with a great range of outdoor speakers. You are more likely to see the Audiovox brand on car speakers than portable or outdoor speakers. Acoustic Research is another acquired brand that dates back all the way to the 1950s with an illustrious history when it comes to audio technology. Some of the modern Acoustic Research products sold by Audiovox include wireless and Bluetooth outdoor speakers with unique lantern shapes.
Voxx International may have their fingers in a lot of pies, but Audiovox and their other speaker brands are still well respected in the industry. When you buy outdoor speakers from one of their famous brands such as Klipsch Audio Technologies or Acoustic Research you know that you are getting a quality product. Thankfully the products from these brands are not just banking on their famous names either and are genuinely committed to offering innovative products at reasonable prices. It is this dedication to quality that has ensured that Audiovox has stood the test of time and is still a force to be reckoned with in the audio market. Let’s take a look at some of the pros and cons that Audiovox and its associated brands bring to the table.
Audiovox Outdoor Speakers Pros
- After operating for more than half a century and only growing strong as a brand there can be no doubt that Audiovox has stood the test of time.
- Acquisitions such as Klipsch Audio Technologies, Jensen and Acoustic Research has increased the strength of the Audiovox brand and added more diversity to their product line-up.
- Despite the famous brand names and quality products the Audiovox brand remains affordable enough for the average consumer.
- Each brand associated with Audiovox offers unique designs instead of generic ones often associated with large companies.
- The lifetime warranty on some of their brands is an excellent customer service feature that inspires loyalty.
- Because the company is so big and diverse they are not as relatable as many of the smaller brands when it comes to connecting with their customers.
Because Vox International owns so many different brands different people associate them with different products. This means that some consumers might assume that they only specialize in car audio and not think to check out their portable speaker ranges from associated brands. They have however proved that they can adapt with the times and I expect that this is a brand that we will still see for many years to come.